Sunday 31 January 2010

It's been a while....

Sorry, I haven't blogged for a few days again. On Thursday I had a card to make, and was debating whether to go over to Watford to Hobbycraft, and miss WW again. So I went to Hobbycraft, then discovered that they did not have what I wanted after all. I had to call in to a supermarket, then get petrol, so by the time I arrived home and threw together a quick stir fry, I was too late to go to the ladies prayer meeting.
Of course I sat down to read the paper and fell asleep again. The only other notable thing about that day is that I got an all clear from the bowel cancer test I did. Nevertheless I shall not be complacent.
I did discover online the story of women in Cardiff being banned from the supermarket in their pjs, and read some of the comments on the BBC have your say. Personally I am mortified if the postman calls early with a package, before I am dressed, so cannot imagine me joining the swarms of people, if these sites are to be believed, who think that it is normal to go shopping in their nightwear. Apparently it is very big in Liverpool. Teachers complain that parents bring kids to school, and collect them so attired, and some kids turn up to school in them.
Perhaps I am wrong, but if there is no time to get dressed, are they even washed? this is a food store after all.
Which brings me to another thing. Have you ever noticed how many women, yes even decent, respectable, intelligent women leave public toilets without washing their hands? I cannot vouch for the men, but my son stopped eating food from the bakery of a certain large store, where he worked for several months, after noticing bakery staff doing the same.
I had a bad night on Friday, lay awake with horrible thoughts rushing round my head. I didn't see to have slept for long, when I woke with palpitations and needing my inhaler again. I had to go downstairs and was surprised to see it was actually 6.30am. Husband came down just as I was having a cuppa,and I decided to go back to bed. I eventually slept, but we ran late again all day yesterday.
I am fed up with feeling grotty and unmotivated and totally lacking in oomph, My get-up-and-go got up and went ages ago. I did a quick check on a website, and decided that I have all the symptoms of SAD. I have decided therefore to spent my Christmas money on a lightbox. I definitely feel better when the sun shines. My Doctor said years ago he suspected that I was a sufferer.I would just like to hibernate in the winter. We didn't get a lot of sun last summer in fact not for the last 3 years. I have an appointment with the GP for a review of my meds, so should get a blood test which will hopefully pick up any other possible cause. I will let you all know how it goes. I have stopped the codeine too, as I blame that for the rush of awful thoughts. I slept without it last night.
I was late to bed again, partly because I had unravelled a ball of wool which was so badly wound that both ends were inside.I couldn't go to bed and leave it unravelled on the floor. so had to rewind it all. I have started a scarf for the shoeboxes that we send out for Christmas. It has been quite cold again here, a few frosts, but only a light dusting of snow. We did shop for warm wear yesterday for when we go away in a few weeks. Last time we were up there we saw quite a lot of snow,and as we are hoping to do some walking we need a thermal layer.I just hope that my back has recovered and I have more energy then

No comments:

Post a Comment