Monday 18 January 2010

Trying to get brain in gear

Well yesterday was a very quiet Sunday, I didn't have to wrap up warm to go to church, which was nice. The church was full in the morning as there was a thanksgiving for a new baby. It was good to see some people there last evening who hadn't been able to make it for 2 weeks or so because if the weather.
I was hoping to resume my Sunday afternoon walks, but spent far too much time searching for a picture to upload on to this blog site, only to discover it was on husband's card which was still in his camera. He was napping upstairs but helped me when he came down. It's not a very big pic, but will have to do for now. It was taken when we were in Wigtown in May of last year. near the 'harbour', which is no longer a harbour as the sea retreated. I had a chat with the Birthday boy in the evening too.
Well I'm quite pleased with my progress today, I did a to do list last evening and remembered to do most things on there. I did some cleaning and dusting too, plus the usual mountain of washing. I received the info to help me access the account I couldn't access last week, so had to set about changing passwords etc again. It is so annoying we are told not to write anything down, yet how we are expected to remember all these 8 digit numbers and numerous passwords I will never know. I remembered to make husband an emergency dental appointment as his face still hurts, I also remembered to get the toothpaste that we both forgot on Saturday.It is so much easier walking on the pavements now I can get up quite a speed.
We do not share a tube of toothpaste as he objects to my squeezing methods. I always used to use Euthymol, which I loved, but have been at the age for a few years now where only Sensodyne will do.
It is my cousin's Birthday tomorrow and again I couldn't find a suitable card, so out came the card, glue, ribbons and toppers again. I got it to the post in time.
I have found that just one cocodamol is helping to keep me asleep without pain, but I do struggle to come to in the mornings. I have never been much of a morning person though. I wonder if it has anything to do with the time of day at which we were born? Apparently I arrived at about 8pm on a Saturday evening. When I was young I could be quite lively in the evenings. My first job was in a sub post office and I often used to stand there thinking, I don't remember coming here this morning, My Bike must have steered itself. I had an 8.30 am start
Son and Daughter-in-law brought me a puzzle a few weeks ago, it is one they did themselves,and is a London scene featuring 'the Eye' (no not Sauron's eye). The puzzle seems to have an overall blue hue,. I thought about starting it today,I have my porta puzzle, but couldn't find a small coffee table to stand it on, then I remembered Daughter had it for her Christmas tree. She was going to return our stuff this evening, but didn't make it. Oh well, no matter. I also have several balls of wool waiting to be made into scarves for the shoeboxes we send.
My brain is beginning to get in gear, I hope that my body will follow soon.
Talking of passwords I couldn't get the one for this site right earlier, I was using a variation that I sometimes use, by mistake. Hm perhaps I'm not as in gear as I thought

No comments:

Post a Comment