Wednesday 6 January 2010

Snow use complaining!

well I have been a bit busier these last 2 days, but in a way not as busy as I would have liked. Yesterday I had Daughter and son-in-law here, he was working from home and she had a day off, as they had to go somewhere in town. I had an appointment with my osteopath. It was bitterly cold, well below freezing, but my car started ok, and I duly kept my appointment. I hadn't been for 6 months, so we had a lot to catch up on; he always chats to me whilst he pummels my back.
I was in quite good shape I think as he doesn't want to see me for 6 months. Husband got on ok at the posh dental clinic, and has another appointment booked for half an hour before mine (in February).
I popped out for the papers, and it was still bitter. At least I got some exercise. Daughter popped back into town for her swine flu jab. Husband came home and it had started snowing,the temperature had gradually been creeping up. We watched the snow for a while then urged daughter and son-in-law to leave before it got too bad. After Sausage and mash,we settled down and watched the final Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett. There was no let up in the snow.
Today husband stayed home, and Son-in-law came to use our Broadband. Daughter stayed at home in the flat, she had a cough and slight fever, maybe a reaction to the jab. I had a dental appointment for a filling, and decided to try and get there. Had a nasty moment pulling out of the side road onto the main road, but got up the hill ok. Had another nasty moment as I turned into the dentist's road, almost got stuck on the corner, but remembered husband's advice, and also applied common sense. I parked opposite the dentist's, But as I walked across his drive/carpark both my legs went from under me and I went flat on my back. I felt such an idiot. The dentist was there, lots of people had cancelled, but I had an injection, more adrenaline in addition to what I was already running on, and he filled the tooth, a difficult wisdom tooth gum line filling. I got back to the car, cleared the fresh snow off it and said 'Please God, will you let me get home safely?' the dentist's road was not good, but I made it to the top, then turned on to a main road and then onto a bus route. the buses were actually running today. (and we got milk and post, hurrah! I saw the postie and thanked him)
There was a nasty moment when I had to pass alorry struggling and sliding up the hill down which I was driving, but once I hit the town centre it wasn't too bad, then the hill up to our road was manageable. I parked in the last remaining space out back. I normally do my weekly shop on a Wednesday, but decided to walk down and bring back what I could carry. I also took my camera. ( facebook friends can see some of the results). Walking back up to the canal bridge was hairy, It is never gritted, apparently Sainsbury's grit order did not arrive, so nor was their car park done. I arrived home with the shopping and with arms like Olive Oyl. As I got back the snow stopped, only to start again later. Judging by the pain I get when I try to sit down, I have bruised my coccyx, which is something I once did when ice skating, so I recognise the pain. I just hope it doesn't stop me sleeping.
As I write this the temp on our indoor/outdoor weather station reads 27.5F (about -2.5C) for outside ,so tomorrow it will be deep and crisp and even. With my back as it is I won't even attempt to walk to Weightwatchers,and my car will be covered in ice, and the hill out back treacherous. Oh well every cloud has a silver lining! I have another week to try and get rid of Christmas flab. Having son-in law here means that the Christmas cake is now all gone, and no longer calling to me, so it was worth having my living room turned into an office. Hope you are enjoying your snow

No comments:

Post a Comment