Tuesday 15 December 2009

All the work finished.

Well today has been a funny day, I didn't have too good a night, woke at 4.30, then was still awake when other half got up at 5.30, must have slept after though. Up early and finishing removing everything from under the sink and tidying the corner of shame. Managed to kneel on some chewing gum, must have come from one of the kids they always did rather aim things at the bin! managed to get it off later, I can recommend Stain Slayer. I did pong a bit for a while.

The workmen arrived just as I was hulking the new sink down the stairs, I topped their water up and plugged them in, before the cheery plumber arrived. Then I sat down at the computer to play in Fairyland, not really, I was trying to upload Photos to accompany our news letter. What fun! every time I uploaded a new one the others changed place or migrated to another page. Meanwhile slabs were being laid and a sink replaced. The plumber nipped out to buy some piping, so I nipped in the kitchen for a cup a soup and some fruit. I usually make my own soup, but it's not so easy when you have pair of feet sticking out in front of the cooker!
The workmen knocked to say all was finished, and departed with a fat cheque, and the plumber tidied up. Then just after 2.30 I was free!! didn't do much exciting, just went and got the papers,and some odds and ends then came back to the photos.
Husband has now sorted them out 'proper',and I've been trying to make family Christmas cards. I got some toppers a while ago, and thought I knew where they were, not so!I made 3 cards and spent the rest of the evening looking for said toppers and muttering. The washing machine needs a new door seal, oh well it is 7 years old and this is its first problem. It's a Hotpoint, made before they were taken over by Indesit. I want it to last a bit longer.
I think I will wait a couple of days before phoning our local repair man, at least I haven't blown this one up!

No comments:

Post a Comment