Friday 11 December 2009

Getting on a bit further

Sorry if I sounded so negative earlier on, I do get like this at around this time. I usually expect to disappear in a gibbering heap under the cards. I don't think that it has helped having workmen here so close to Christmas, but when they did the fence they said to contact them at the end of November when the price of materials usually goes down. The carpets are getting in a bit of a state as although they leave the site tidy, there is still a film of dust sticking to everything outside,and at the front there is just a sort of cinder stuff till the slabs are replaced. Of course it did not help having road works, so the jobs are not being done in the planned order.

I bought a new stainless steel sink a while ago, to replace the plastic compound one which is really grotty. Every time I ring the plumber, it is inconvenient for him to talk, so I am hoping to nab him tomorrow, and get a date sorted. there are so many days when I have forgotten to phone him, but when you have builders who need your water supply you can't have a plumber turning it off. The building is due to finish Tuesday, so perhaps I'll get a new sink next week. In the meantime I have written nearly all the cards, shredded some of the labels that went wrong, plus a few sheets that spewed out when I pressed a wrong button. It seems to be my fate to always press the wrong button. Good job I'm not in the White house. I've solved most of the present shopping dilemma by shopping in my pj's, ie good old Amazon. Husband and I might brave the crowds in Watford tomorrow as I need a prezzie for daughter and a few stocking fillers. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment