Monday 28 December 2009

Two days in one blog

Well there hasn't been a lot to blog about. Yesterday was a normal Sunday, though fewer people in church as some are away. We had a visiting speaker in the morning, then home for roast beef, makes a change from turkey. Son and his wife are still here. I hadn't had chance to read all Of Saturdays papers, but found the Telegraph Weekend and started the Gk crossword, didn't doze much. Made some scones for later. We all went to our church last evening, and Ian brought out some interesting points on the passage about Anna and Simeon.
It was communion, postponed from the previous week because of the Carol service, so it was quite late when we got home. The scones were brought out, plus the left over clotted cream and jam. There were Pringles, not for long, Mince pies and Christmas cake.
I had rather a bad night which I put down to too much rich food too late in the evening. Today, we woke to a frost, but most of the previous icy snow had gone. I managed to put my car away, hurrah! Mum-in-law and I walked to Sainsburys and we got quiche for lunch for a change. I also stocked up on soup, in case I don't get chance to make it. Covent Garden leek and potato is expensive, but nice.
When we got back, son and daughter-in-law, were here and son was playing his new electric guitar (again)
After lunch son produced torn trousers and asked if I could mend them. An awkward tear, requiring iron on material before tackling tear. A quick trip to Dunelm Mill brought the required materials and out came the sewing machine.
Wrong foot on sewing machine. So long since I used it that I had forgotten how to wind the bobbin up (shades of parent and toddler group there)
Husband came to rescue and pointed out I had the thread on the bobbin winder and vice versa. I am soooo tired my brain could not see what was wrong. After much searching, found the correct foot and did some zig zag stitches to neaten tear. Broke machine needle whilst trying to sew back leather label.
Daughter and Son-in-law arrived back, and the other 2 were out. Much phoning going on and they arranged to meet for cinema, Sherlock Holmes, I prefer Jeremy Brett, then pizzas. If they all came back here it will be a squash, but we haven't been all together since their Grandad's funeral.
I am blogging earlier tonight, husband has relented and let me use main computer, he is on his net book.
The idea is that I actually get to bed before midnight. Hope it works out.
I am glad I still have my uses, ie mending trousers, even though I am an empty nester.

No comments:

Post a Comment