Saturday 19 December 2009

The last Saturday before Christmas

I was thinking earlier on, this time last year or rather by the day, tomorrow's time last year(or would it be yesterday) Confused! we were in St Ives for the week. How much has changed since then. Now I am sitting here with cold ankles wondering why the heating doesn't seem as hot.
We spent the early part of the morning humping a bed around, and shifting assorted junk to get to said bed.I have a bag of old towels to take to the dogs home, but keep forgetting to look up the address.There is a charity shop bag, assorted clothes airers for when I try and economise on tumble drying; old videos that need sorting and charity shop bagging, and books that didn't quite fit the new book case.
Husband set off on his mission and I managed to get my car out to go to town.I could have walked but it's quite different walking in snow and it aggravates my disc problem. Collected specs, ordered new spare pair, did market shopping, then off to garden centres to try and buy granular salt. A sideways slide outside one garden centre scared me, but I recovered. No one had any salt. B&Q sold their whole pallett in half an hour. Crawled home through traffic, ate remains of lentil soup which had taken on a strange consistency, Could have used for wallpaper paste, but tasted better.
Use other half's garage as I must go to church in the morning. Made up spare bed,used computer, (strange to have it all to myself) went under sink for pan for stir fry, found all filled with water! No obvious leak, but may have to get plumber back Possibly from washer hose connection. Tightened everything by hand, just to make sure.
BTW contacted washing machine repairer, 'we couldn't come vans snowed in' 'what was repair?' 'Oh we don't have that will have to order, maybe Tues or Weds' Maddening, yesterdays planned visit would have been a waste. May have to use launderette. No post again! Why? elf'n safety? slippery pavements?, give me strength! how would they have fared in 1947, 1963? I find it hard to believe that there has been no post for me for 2 days. Delivery man with my Lakeland order was wearing shorts BRRRR!! Thought about ringing Sorting Office but would probably have got press 1 for..press 2 for..., but I am trying to keep my BP down. Oh well tomorrow is Sunday, thank God for sanity and a day of rest. carols tomorrow, hope we have my favourites!

3 comments:

  1. what is your favourite carol? I'm hoping for hark the herald at least once today!

    I know how you feel with the flooded cupboard under sink - i have had this 2 weekends in a row!! - i think i may have to call the landlord - thank goodness its not our house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have taken up blogging. Hope you are enjoying it.
    We sang O Holy Night, Izzy, which is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks I find it relieves the general frustrations with life, the universe and everything

    ReplyDelete