Wednesday 16 December 2009

it's just another day!

Well nothing exciting today.We got lots of cards and I went to Sainsbury's, I wonder when they will want the other arm and leg? Then I was pairing up cards with newsletters, and pictures and sticking stamps on envelopes. Oh yes and I did 2 parcels. I'm not the world's neatest parcel wrapper. After queueing at the nearest post office, a mile away up the hill,(Whyever did they close the one down the road?) posting cards, parcels etc I poppped in to our parent & toddler group just in time for the singing and clearing up. The bad news of today is that my second pair of reading glasses broke. I'm getting by with cheap chainstore reading glasses, but I went in to the opticians and they can get a new arm.
Decided I will look for a replacement second pair later. I'm not due a sight test for another year, but I can't read without glasses.
Cheered up when I saw I'd had a letter published in the daily Mail. Couldn't get Firefox to work so dragged the tree in from the garden and went in search of decorations.
Remembered I haven't got choc ornaments for tree, I do miss Woollies. Sainsburys had only packs of nine, there's 6 of us so with 2 packs we would only get 2 each. Don't Cadbury's do any bigger packs these days?. Have missed going to Oxford Street this year, mind you Selfridge's sweets cost a packet. Memo to self, don't have work done just before Christmas. Washing machine still leaks on half load. well I'd better find the number of our local repairer.

1 comment: