Monday 14 December 2009

keep Christ in christmas

Well I am afraid that I must complain again. This time it is about the lack of Christmas cards which portray the real meaning of Christmas, the clue is in the first 6 letters.
After the workmen had left today,I went over to St Albans to buy a present for my mother in law. I thought I would also get some more cards, as I still have to give some to neighbours. The recession has done for a few card shops, but wherever I went, I could not find cards with nativity scenes. Snowmen (when did it last snow at Christmas) robins, what do they have to do with it! stars, yes but penguins!??
There do not seem to be any of the olde worlde cards either, Victorian scenes, coaches, rural scenes. I went into one shop whcih looked quite posh, only to spot a card with a naked couple on a tandem with Santa hats! Oh and of course Santa is everywhere.
Eventually I located some in a tiny Christian bookshop,and had a chat with the lady who served me, who is somene we knew from our days at Spicer Street. i did hear that sales of religious cards were up, but I don't know where people found them. Oh well moan over, my other half is home and will want his computer

No comments:

Post a Comment