Saturday 12 December 2009

Deck the malls with loads of money, tra la la

Well we made it to Watford, but we did not stay long. We went into John Lewis to look for our daughter's Christmas present, and bought it there. Watford was heaving with people. I went into Boots bought some odds and ends, and got served very quickly, which was amazing. Nipped into the High streetto post some cards, and went into M&S food to meet husband. It was horrendous in there, lots of shoppers, but worst of all, someone, who obviously is not in their right mind had arranged to have DJ churning out cheesy Christmas songs, such as 'I wish it could be Christmas every day' at full volume. they were doing the meal for 2 for £10, but the choice was so poor we went for another of their meals instead.
I offered to let Husband go back to the car whilst I nipped upstairs for some stocking fillers, but he didn't want to. I quickly chose some stuff, and thankfully the queue to pay was a lot shorter than the food dept queues. We decided to have some soup at home for lunch. We stopped off at Sainsbury's to get the fruit and veg, I couldn't face Watford market, it looks so sad and tired these days, and I'm always tempted by the card making stall. have made enough cards lately thanks. 50 Christmas cards and 2 Birthdays. Only one more Birthday to go this Year.
After lunch we both dozed off. it must be our age, though I did have a disturbed night with asthma. Still couldn't get hold of plumber, tried 2 others but no one answered phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment